Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Powerful Word!

This blog that I came across and read reminded me of the important things and the ones we seem to get wrapped up in that are not so important. Everyone is guilty of this and no one is perfect. So I am thankful for these reminders that God sends my way in times of need or staggering. It was very powerful and moved me to tears so I wanted to share some key words and ideas in hopes that it touches others as it has me. It reminded me of the power of prayer, of which I do alot of, never enough but alot. I would consider myself a "private prayer." I pray when I am alone and everything is quiet. I pray in time of need and for guidance always, because I never feel like I give enough...whether it be to myself, my husband, my children,my God and to others. I believe its something we can all emerge ourselves in and never can do it enough. Most importantly I thank God for all of His blessings. I realize that I should also be more of an "out loud prayer." Not only for myself but for my family and as an example to my 3 girls. Oh how I want the very best for them! This blog showed me importance in specific prayer and I am so thankful that God chose to speak to me today and fill me with more knowledge by this discovery.



Spend time asking God to give your children "undivided hearts (Psalm 86:11)," and pray "that they will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel when they open their mouths (Ephesians 6:19)" Pray that God will help them to become good stewards of their time, their money, their words. Pray for their character, their faith, their decisions, their (future) husbands. To be wise, Godly women who chase after the Lord.



Something that she suggested was to make notecards of these prayers which I most certainly will do!! I feel like God lead me here because I do need to live my life more in prayer. Too many times we push His nudges aside and think "oh I will do it later, I've got plenty of time. The truth is, we don't though. We have to treasure these gifts and days that God has given to us. As their parents we do owe them the gift of praying for them each day more and out loud with them. The woman that wrote these (Angie) does 7 prayers a day and has a reminder for each one and she does this everyday. Something we should all do and I will commit to doing today!



#1 "Let the morning bring (name) word of your unfailing love, for she has put her trust in You. Show he/she the way he/she should go, for to you he/she lifts up her soul." Adapted from Psalm 143:8



#2 "Therefore, as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Lord, help him/her bear with others and forgive whatever grievances he/she has against others. Help him/her to forgive as the Lord forgave him/her. And over all these virtues, help him/her put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14



#3 "Teach (name) the secret fo being content in any any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry. Whether living in plenty or in want. Teach him/her that he/she can do everything through Him who gives him/her strength." Adapted from Philippians 4:12-13



#4 "(name), do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good , pleasing and perfect will." Adapted from Romans 12:2



#5 "Lord, give (name) clean hands and a pure heart, and let him/her not lift his/her soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Let him/her recieve blessings from the Lord and vindication from God his/her savior. Let him/her be part of the generation of those who seek Him, who seek your face, O God of Jacoob." Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6



#6 "The Lord your God is with you; He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17



#7 I pray that (name) will do everything without complaining or arguing so that he/she may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which he/she shines like a star in the universe as he/she holds out the word of life - in order that he/she may boast on the day of Christ that he/she did not run or labor for nothing." Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16



Thank you for taking the time to read, this was a long one. I just hope it touches someone else as it did myself.



Have a Blessed week!



In Him,

Amber

No comments: